Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

We had the most amazing Christmas!! It all started on Christmas Eve. We always host Christmas Eve. We had a great time with family and friends! Auntie Holly made all the kids matching Christmas jammies. They looked so cute! She also gave Brian and I an awesome Christmas gift. She bought us Name A Star Animals. So we can name stars after Brian and Lillian. And put the animals in the girls room. Such a thoughtful gift!! She also made the girls new blankets which they love!! We all enjoyed a surprise visit from Santa too!! The kids were so excited to see him! We had such a great night. After everyone left it was time to get all the gifts under the tree. Every year I say I need to scale back... Needless to say this wasn't the year... Plus Gree bought them too much...

Christmas morning was so much fun!! I don't think the girls knew what to think when they saw the gifts. But once they "got it" we had fun. Gree spent the night so she was here to enjoy the tree too! This year we decided to stay home on Christmas day. It was the best decision. We started opening gifts around 7 and didn't finish till 3:15!! The girls wanted to play with their toys so we let them!! Auntie Pam came over in the morning and cooked us breakfast. It was so yummy! And my mom cooked us dinner. It was nice not having to cook for everyone :)

Maggie was really happy when she opened Bullseye!! And Charlotte as happy with Talking Jessie too!! They also loved their new Dollhouse. And I have to admit... I love it too! My mom bought them Woody and Jessie costumes. And she got them cowboy boots too!! Those were a huge hit!

The next day uncle Dave, aunt Cindy and cousin Ellie came over. We had so much fun! My SIL made me the most beautiful charm bracelet. I love it so much! Cousin Ellie made the girls bears from Build a Bear. One has a Cinderella dress and the other has Sleeping Beauty dress. So cute!! We ate a night dinner then everyone headed home before the big storm hit...

We had a great Christmas. There were a lot of people we missed this year... My grandfather, uncle Danny, uncle John, mom and dad Souza and mostly Brian and Lillian. I can't imagine what our lives would be like with 5 year twins too... And I can't believe it's been 5 years since we said hello and good bye to our sweet angels...





































2 comments:

Jessica said...

What beautiful girls, I LOVE their Christmas dresses. I have such a hard time finding sweet girls dresses for holidays, I love the ones you found. If I had both of my girls here with me I would have them in matching clothes all the time just as you do. How strange that we each have part of what the other has lost. You have two girls and I have a boy and a girl... makes me sad for both of us. So glad that you commented today and led me to your blog.

Annie said...

Those pictures are amazing. They received great gifts from Santa.