Saturday, April 21, 2012

School Vacation!!

The girls were on vacation this week and we have been busy!! Luckily we have some awesome weather here in Maine this week. So we took advantage of it and did a bunch of stuff!! We started our vacation by having a playdate with Bert and Grace. The girls love playing with their cousins. And it gave me a chance to catch up with my niece Holly. I enjoy talking with her so much! And I love watching our kids play together. Saturday Brian and I took the girls to the circus. I'm pretty sure they liked it. It was hard to read them during the show. I will say that the show was LONG. Too long if you ask me. We ended up leaving before it was over. Charlotte kept asking if it was time to go home. So we watched the elephants and headed out. I have to be honest, I'm not a fan of the circus. But the girls can say they went. I think they like the light up toys we bought more then the show! Sunday we headed over to Fort Williams for the afternoon. We love it over there. It is beautiful there. We walked the trails and then played at the playground. The girls made friends while we were there. It was so much fun watching them. And of coarse we stopped for ice cream after. Monday we went to Tractor Day at Pineland. We went with some of my friends from the moms group I joined a while ago. We had so much fun! I didn't know if the girls would be into the tractor but they loved them!! We also saw cows and chickens. It was really fun. Then we headed over to my friend Kristen's house for a picnic/playdate. She has a 3 year old daughter Vivian. The 3 girls get along so well!! And I enjoy Kristens company. We have a lot in common. She loves Disney just as much as I do :) Tuesday we ended up at Kristens again. She also have a 10 year old stepdaughter who is really good with kids. So the 4 girls played while K and I talked Disney and other things. Wednesday was a down day. I needed to read a book for the book club I am in. We hung around in our jammies and watched movies. Thursday we went to Range Pond with Jen, Jenn, Larissa and their kids. The girls were brave and went into the water. It was a little on the cold side. Both the water and the air but the girls didn't seem to care. I'm loving the age that they are at. They went back and forth between the water and the playground and I didn't need to really help them with much. I could kind of relax and enjoy the adult company. Friday we had to drive to Augusta to get a copy of our marriage certificate. We never received one when we got married and Brian need to show proof that we are married. I kept thinking driving up there what is something got messed up and it was never filed?? But it was :) After that we met Kristen, Jen, Vivian, Maddy, Ben and Thomas at the Gray Animal Farm. We had a great time! The weather was perfect. The explored the woods, looked at the animals, played in the dirt and had some ice cream. We had a great week! I think we are all a little exhausted but it was well worth it!! Here are some photos of our adventures:

No comments: