Sunday, April 22, 2012

National Infertility Awareness Week

This week in National Infertility Awareness week. Did you know that 1 in 8 couples, of childbearing age, is diagnosed with infertility? Brian and I were/are one of those couples. It is one of the hardest things we have dealt with in our marriage. We went through 6 IUI's and 5 IVF's before we were blessed with the girls. And you know we were also blessed with Brian and Lillian on our 3rd IVF attempt but sadly they were born too soon.

  Going through infertility was heartbreaking. With every announcement of someone being pregnant my heart broke. With every birth I would smile while holding back tears. Every month I would pray that this was the month for us. Only to be heartbroken when aunt Flo would visit. I'm know how very lucky we are to have the girls. I know some many wonderful couples out there who are still struggling to make their dreams of having a family come true.

For more info on Infertility visit:

http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/about-resolve.html

No comments: