Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Friends...

I have been emailing with a friend this morning about supporting each other in the weight loss battle and it made me think... I have amazing friends.

I'm going to start with some oldies. Some of my oldest and dearest.

Nichole:
I have known Nichole for about 25 years. She moved into my neighborhood when we were in grade school. And we just clicked. We were always together. She was my "date" for my dads wedding. We shared a LOVE for New Kids on the Block. We worked together and had tons of fun together. She has seen me through a lot in my life. We may not see each other all the time or talk everyday but I know she is always there for me. I'm lucky to have her in my life.

Graduation day 1993


Michelle:
I have known Michelle for 21 years. She was in my sophomore algebra class. We kind of "knew" each other cause we took dance lessons from the same teacher. Michelle asked me if I would be interested in doing dance with her and the rest is history. We basically became inseparable. We worked together, we slept at each other's house every weekend, we lived together, I was her maid of honor, she was my maid of honor, I was in the delivery room when her daughter was born, she was a great support when we lost the babies and has provided me with some great parenting tips since I had the girls. We have gotten into some trouble together... And have has some monster fights (I wonder if the skid marks are still on the street in OOB?). But she has been a rock in my life. My BFF. My sister. We don't see each other as much as we want too but I know she is always there for me.
Us circa 1997

2000 at Michelle's baby shower

2007 at my baby shower

2010 at the girls 3rd bday


The Hannaford crew:
I don't even know where to start with this one. In the fall/winter of 2004 I started working at the Hannaford in Falmouth. Little did I know that I would make some great friends. They are, Heather, Sarah, Amanda and Gabby. These are some of the nicest people I know. We all really hit it off while working together. And I should mention... I was their boss. While working in Falmouth I went through an IVF cycle (which they were all so supportive during that time) and became pregnant with Brian and Lillian. They were all so happy for me. After everything happened I stopped working. I just couldn't go back there and face everyone. Not just my co-workers but the customers knew I was pregnant. I couldn't believe these girls stayed in contact with me. I should also mention that I am older then them. I think Heather is the oldest of the group and she is 30 and Amanda, the youngest, is about to turn 25. They were a great source of support, comfort and friendship. It's been 5 years since I left that store and I talk to all of them on a regular basses. They are a great group of women and I am so blessed to have them in my life!!

Heather, me, Sarah and Amanda at the girls baptism

All of us (plus Barbara SaoReang)

Heather and the girls


Margo, Emily, Jessica:
Margo was my boss at the Falmouth store who became a very good friend. She was so supportive when we lost the babies. She and my mom put together my baby shower for the girls!! We were pregnant together. He son Cabot is 2 months younger then the girls and is such cutie! Emily also worked at Hannaford. We have gotten together quite a few times and I really enjoy her company! She has a great sense of humor and a lot of fun to be around. I love talking about parenting with her because I think we share a lot of the same views. She and I were also pregnant at the same time. Well briefly. Her son, Lucas, is 3 months older then the girls. Jessica is a friend from high school that I lost touch with but we found each other on FB. We were really close when we were younger. And since reconnecting on FB have gotten together a few times (she lives about 1 1/2 hours from me). I am so glad we have reconnected!!

Beth and Carrie:
I "met" these two amazing women after I lost the twins. We met through a group called LAMBs. It's an online support group for women who have lost multiples. Beth lost her girls, Abby and Morgan, a week before I lost Brian and Lillian. Her due date was a week after mine. She was an amazing support to me during a very dark time in my life. It was really great being able to talk to someone who understood what I was feeling. We met up a couple times. We were actually pregnant at the same time again!! Her daughter, Sarah, was born on 9/17 and the girls were born on 9/30 so they are only 2 weeks apart. Shortly after Sarah was born, Beth and her family moved back to PA so we haven't seen each other in 4 years :( Carrie lost triplets shortly after we lost the twins. She joined LAMBs and we became friends. She also was a great support to me. And she was also pregnant the same time I was!! Her son, Nolan, was born on 11/20 so he's just a little younger then the girls. She lives in the Chicago area so we have never met. But she also shares a love for Disney so I am hoping to meet her down there sometime!

I have also met some other wonderful women through this blog. Some who have twins, so how have also lost multiples and some who also love Disney.

I am really lucky to have some many wonderful friends. I love you all!! Thank you for always being there for me!!

xoxo

No comments: