Friday, October 15, 2010

Brian and Lillian

During October, we remember all babies born sleeping, or whom we have carried but never met, those we have held but could not take home, or the ones that came home but didn't stay.

In August of 2005 we got the news we had been waiting years to hear. I was pregnant. Brian and I were over the moon. At 6 weeks we found out we were expecting twins. We couldn't believe it. At 20 weeks we found out we were going to have a son and a daughter. The perfect family. We thought our infertility roller coaster was over. Sadly, at 23wks3d, our perfect dream was shattered when my water broke. They tried to stop labor but our son, Brian William III, was born on 12/29/05 at 23wks4d. Our next goal was to try and keep our daughter from being born. We got to 24wks. The contractions started coming and there was nothing we could do. Our daughter, Lillian Ruth, was born on 1/1/06 at 24wks. Our world was shattered.

We are very lucky and blessed to have Charlotte and Maggie. I thank God everyday for ALL my children. One day we will tell the girls about their big brother and sister. I know they are watching over us.

We think of you everyday sweet angels. Mommy and Papa love you so much!!

Here are some pictures of me pregnant. It's hard to see my belly but I think you will be able to tell. These were taken shortly before everything happened...







No comments: